Game Day Buffalo Shrimp
Serves 4 – 6 people (or makes a great appetizer)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb of 20-25 sized shrimp (large but not jumbo shrimp) peeled, cleaned
- 1 bottle lager
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil to fry
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup hot sauce (franks red hot or similar)
- 1 carrot, cut matchstick
- 1 celery cut matchstick
- ¼ cup blue cheese sauce
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a large bowl combine the beer, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix batter until smooth.
- Heat the cooking oil.
- Dip the shrimp into batter and place into cooking oil to fry for 2-3 mins or until crispy and cooked. Cook all shrimp.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, hot sauce and mix well.
- Add the fried shrimp to the hot sauce mix and toss well to cover completely.
- Serve with blue cheese sauce and veggie.