We’ve made a few changes. Take a look around. Read something. Watch something. And while you’re at it, share something and you could win $500.
“Hold the phone: Did someone say $500?” We sure did. In celebration of our shiny, new site, we’re giving away 500 smackaroos to one of our fans. Here’s the scoop on how to enter and win:
Share any piece of content from The Loop via Twitter with the hashtag #getintheloop. What content you share is totally up to you – a gallery, an article, a video – whatever strikes your fancy. (Just not this page. We made it specially for you.)
Content must be shared between Friday, July 4, 2014, 1:00 p.m. EST and Friday, July 11, 2014, 11:59 p.m. EST.
There’s a $500 pre-paid credit card in it for one lucky person.
You must be an advertising client of The Loop (agency or direct) to be eligible to win. Please see rules and regulations below.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Get In The Loop (the “Contest’) is sponsored by Bell Media Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest starts at 1pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 4th, 2014 and closes on July 11th, 2014 at 11:59pm ET (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
- ELIGIBLITY: To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) and be of the age of majority or older in the province or territory in which he/she resides. In addition, you must be either an employee working at an advertising agency that currently provides services to TheLoop or be an employee working for a client of TheLoop that currently or in the last 24 months has purchased advertising on The Loop. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions and prize sponsors are ineligible to enter.
- TO ENTER the Contest, upon receipt of an invitation by email from the Contest Sponsor on July 4th , 2014 visit the website located at www.theloop.ca/getintheloop during the Contest Period and share a piece of content from the Loop website from your personal Twitter account using the hashtag “#getintheloop”. (Note: You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free, and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging on to www.twitter.com and following the on-screen instructions to open an account). All entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com. By sending your entry you agree to these Rules. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification. All entries are subject to verification. Limit of one (1) entry per individual and per Twitter account. If it is discovered that you attempted to exceed this limitation, all of your entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Twitter account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to a Twitter account by www.twitter.com. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the selected entry. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limits on entries permitted by these Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts. (Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, your entry and/or responses may not be visible in Contest Sponsor’s inbox and may not thus be received by Contest Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Contest Sponsor to see your entry and/or responses.) If you opt to use Twitter via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Participation in this Contest by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Contest which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
- PRIZE: There is one (1) Prize consisting of a (1) $500 CAD pre-paid credit card. Pre-paid card shall be subject issuing company’s terms and conditions and any terms and conditions printed on it. Approximate retail value of the Prize is $500 CAD.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
- On July 14th, 2014 at approximately 3pm ET, a random draw for the Prize will take place at Bell Media Inc., Toronto, Ontario from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first entry drawn will be eligible to win the Prize. The odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential winner to notify potential winner that he or she may have won the Prize by using the direct message or @Reply feature on Twitter for the user account that submitted the potentially winning entry, within five (5) business days from the draw. Potential winner must respond within 5 business days according to the instructions in the notification, or he or she will be disqualified. It is each entrant’s responsibility to set his or her account settings to accept contacts by Contest Sponsor and to timely check his or her Twitter account for any such direct messages or @Replies. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, the potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things: (i) he/she has read and understood these Rules; (ii) grants all consents required; (iii) agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor and/or similar matters; (iv) authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize; (iv) accepts the Prize as offered; and (v) releases the Contest Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of his/her participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify such winner and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
- By entering this Contest the entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- All entries become property of Contest Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Contest Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest website, where applicable.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
- All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.