GINGER BEER MIMOSA
This cocktail perfectly combines three very distinct flavours: the sharpness of ginger beer, the smokiness of rosemary, and the sweetness of orange syrup.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the Rosemary and Orange Syrup
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1 mL) salt 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup (60 mL) white sugar
For the Mimosa
- 4 ounces (125 mL) Prosecco
- 2 ounces (60 mL) ginger beer
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- Set the oven to broil. Drizzle the rosemary sprig with the oil and sprinkle with salt. Place it on a baking sheet and roast for 1 minute, or until the oil is hot and the aromatics of the rosemary have been released. Wait for the rosemary to cool, then remove the leaves and roughly chop.
- Peel half of 1 orange and finely dice the rind. Juice both oranges and add the juice to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Add the diced orange rind, chopped rosemary, grated ginger, and sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved, then bring to a boil and remove from the heat. The liquid will have evaporated, leaving a sugary syrup behind. Leave the syrup to cool.
- Pour ½ ounce (15 mL) of the Rosemary and Orange Syrup into a champagne flute. Top with Prosecco and ginger beer. Lay the rosemary sprig in your palm and give it a high five to release the natural aromas. Place it in the champagne flute to garnish.