Makes one 8-inch square pan
Makes 36 squares
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes, plus setting
You can store these squares in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the fridge for up to 1 week. Or freeze them, sliced or unsliced but well wrapped, for up to 1 month. Thaw the bars overnight in the fridge before serving.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the base
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the topping
- 1 3/4 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pure peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 strips cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 small bananas, or 1 large, small dice
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
WHAT YOU DO:
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square pan and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- For the base, combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter in a small mixing bowl and then press into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes, just to set the crust (you won’t see any visible change). While the base is cooling on a wire rack, prepare the topping.
- For the topping, place the butterscotch chips, peanut butter and butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and story until smooth. Remove from the heat and pour into a large mixing bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the bacon and banana and then add the marshmallows, stirring so they are fully coated. Spread the mixture over the chocolate crumb base and then chill, uncovered, for at least 2 hours to set.
- Cut the squares when chilled but serve at room temperature.