A cozy dessert for autumn.
Grilled Pears with Blackberry Sauce
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 pears, cored and cut in half
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 cup whipped cream or your favourite ice cream
WHAT YOU DO:
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat. Place pears cut side down on the BBQ and close lid. Grill for 5 minutes.
- In a medium sized pot on high heat, bring blackberries and sugar to a simmer. Combine lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl, whisk and add to berries. Stir until sauce has thickened.
- Mix in spices and zest.
- Top grilled pears with blackberry sauce and whipped cream.