- 1 pkg (227 g) PC Lake Pickerel, thawed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) PC EVOO Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500 ml) thinly sliced fennel (about a half fennel bulb)
- 2 cups (500 ml) torn Boston lettuce
- Half peeled and cored pineapple, thinly sliced into rings and rings cut in quarters
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) PC EVOO Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Pat fish dry with paper towel. Brush all over with 1 tsp (5 mL) oil, then sprinkle with 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the salt and a pinch of pepper. Place skin side down on piece of lightly greased foil. Place on grill; close lid and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine fennel, lettuce, pineapple and chives. In small bowl whisk together garlic, lemon juice, 2 tbsp (25 mL) oil, cayenne pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve grilled fish on top of salad.
- Makes 2 servings.
Tip: If you have a mandolin, use it to shave the fennel. Buy the pineapple already peeled and cored to speed prep.
Recipe courtesy President’s Choice