Harissa Chicken burgers
These burgers are a go-to recipe that she can rely on for a quick, tasty meal. They also make fabulous holiday apps as sliders!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 4 thick slices crusty bread
- 1 tomato, sliced
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a bowl, combine chicken, rosemary, salt, pepper, half the oil and harissa paste.
- Shape into four 1⁄4-inch (0.5 cm) thick patties. In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat.
- In batches as necessary, cook patties, turning once, for about 8 minutes or until no longer pink inside and a meat thermometer inserted horizontally into the center of a patty registers 165°F (74°C).
- Serve with bread and tomato.