Entertainment Celebrity
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • +
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email
SHARE THIS
  • Facebook
    Facebook
  • Twitter
    Twitter
  • Pinterest
    Pinterest
  • Linkedin
    Linkedin
  • WhatsApp
    WhatsApp
  • Email
    Email

It’s been about a month since Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan cut ties with Prince William and Duchess Kate (professionally, that is) and left their joint charity, The Royal Foundation, to embark on their own philanthropic journey together. And it looks as though they’re off to a roaring start.

Harry and Meghan applied to incorporate a private company on July 1, according to royal reporter Emily Andrews and now the new venture has a name: Sussex Royal The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Quite a mouthful and not exactly the sexiest name but, like their Instagram handle, it’ll be referred to simply as Sussex Royal. But what’s great about the couple’s new foundation is the other two major players involved. Along with Harry and Meghan, Sara Latham and Natalie Campbell will also act as directors. Latham is a PR whiz that used to work for the Clintons and whose current job is head of communications for the Sussexes, while Campbell previously worked for The Royal Foundation. Three women and Harry running things—what’s not to like?

For those who believe Campbell was poached by Harry and Meghan, a source told the Express that Natalie “was already leading on much of the Sussexes’ work so it was a natural progression,” adding, “It’s part of the transition and how the Royal Foundation is helping the Sussexes set up their own thing.”

As you probably already know, Kensington Palace confirmed in June that after reviewing the structure of The Royal Foundation, it was mutually agreed upon by both couples to conclude their work as a foursome, and that Will and Kate would carry on with the charity. “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are incredibly proud of what they have achieved together through The Royal Foundation,” the statement read. “They are especially proud to have established a charity that has had, and will continue to have, significant long-lasting impact, changing lives for the better.”

KP further explained that Harry and Meghan would establish their own charitable foundation, one that aligned with their passions and what they want to focus and lend their support to. And it didn’t take long for the Sussexes to get cracking on just what that would look like.

All that being said, the statement added the Cambridges and the Sussexes won’t totally be rid of each other. They’ll continue to work together on future projects, including the mental health program, Heads Together. Confronting mental health issues head-on and ending the stigma that surrounds it continues to be a priority for all four of the royals.

The separation of the foundation also likely helped with the relationships of all involved. Now that they no longer live a stone’s throw away from each other, and have separated households as well as the foundation, it seems it may have been exactly what Will, Harry, Kate and Meghan needed.

Whether or not you believed any of the feuding rumours, things seem to be going swimmingly now. There was that recent polo match in which the brothers competed, where they genuinely looked happy and in their element. And it was there that we saw both Kate and Meghan show up with their children, all of whom seemed to get along just dandily as the duo seem to be finding common ground around motherhood.