- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 ml) bean sprouts, blanched
- 2 tsp (10 ml) garlic chili sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sesame seeds
- 4 cups (1 l) baby kale and arugula mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 lb (225 g) extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 ml) sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced garlic
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked short grain brown rice
- 1 sheet nori
- In a small bowl, combine radishes, carrot, sugar and cider vinegar. Let marinate for half an hour.
- Stir together bean sprouts, garlic chili sauce, sesame oil and seeds.
- In a large skillet, sauté kale and arugula with oil over high heat. Transfer to a bowl.
- In same skillet, cook beef with shiitake slices and garlic over high heat.
- Meanwhile, poach eggs in a medium pot of simmering water.
- Arrange 3/4 cup rice in the middle of 4 bowls, top each with 1/4 portion carrot and radish pickle, 1/4 of bean sprouts, 1/4 kale and arugula, 1/4 beef and shiitake and 1 poached egg.
- With scissors, cut nori into thin strips and sprinkle over bowls.
- Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Serve with additional hot sauce to taste.
Recipe courtesy US Rice Federation