Gisele Bündchen has had a stranglehold on Forbes‘ list of highest-paid models. But for the first time in 14 (!!!) years, Gisele will need to find solace in her work and family life because she’s no longer the leader of the pretty pack. And let’s just say the woman who has taken over the top spot is someone who has only been in the modelling game for a couple years — which makes her title as highest earner of 2017 pretty damn impressive.
In spite of that one glaring misstep this past year, Kendall Jenner is working runways and her bank account. Thanks to endorsement deals with Adidas, Estée Lauder and La Perla, her clothing line with sister Kylie, not to mention that little reality show from which we first knew of her, Kendall has taken the 2017 crown.
Forbes determined its list by calculating the pre-tax earnings brought in between June 1, 2016 and June 1, 2017. For the rest of the magnificent money-makers, see below.
The highest-paid models of the year are raking in a lot of cash
10. Ashley Graham ($5.5 million)The body positivity advocate broke out in the industry in 2016, when she covered Sports Illustrated. Thanks to campaigns with H&M and Lane Bryant, as well as her own fashion lines for Addition Elle, Dressbarn and Swimsuits For All, she's made a name for herself and never looked back.Getty Images
9. Bella Hadid ($6 million)The newcomer — who happens to be the list's youngest, at 21 — poses for several brands including Nike, Nars and Dior.Getty Images
8. Liu Wen ($6.5 million)She's not China's first supermodel for nothing. Liu has broken ground for models of colour, not only as the first Asian spokesperson for Estée Lauder but as the first Asian model to walk the runway at Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.Getty Images
7. Karlie Kloss ($9 million)Repping the likes of Adidas, Express and Swarovski, the 25-year-old has already covered various editions of Vogue 36 times.Getty Images
5. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley ($9.5 million)The new mama has campaigns with Ugg and Burberry fragrances, but the bulk of her millions come from her own lingerie, makeup and fragrance lines at Marks & Spencers. Her side gig of posing with fiancé Jason Statham on red carpets isn't bad either.Getty Images
5. Gigi Hadid ($9.5 million)Gigi out-earns her sister — marking the first time siblings have ever made these rankings — thanks to her collections with Maybelline, Tommy Hilfiger and Vogue eyewear. Getty Images
4. Adriana Lima ($10.5 million)The longest-running Angel in Victoria's Secret history earns her a hefty deal with the lingerie maker.Getty Images
3. Chrissy Teigen ($13.5 million)Chrissy may be a cookbook author, host of Lip Sync Battle, wife to John Legend and mom to Luna (with a second on the way!), but she also has campaigns for Tresemme and Smirnoff. We're guessing it's her lovable social media presence that likely adds to her already enviable income.Getty Images
2. Gisele Bündchen ($17.5 million)She retired from the runway in 2015 but still topped last year's list, thanks to lucrative deals with Carolina Herrera, Arezzo shoes and Vivara jewelry in Brazil. No need to feel sorry for her though. She's appeared on more than 1,200 magazine covers and made more than any other model between 2002 and 2016.Getty Images
1. Kendall Jenner ($22 million)Kendall has turned reality and social media fame into quite the brand, just like her mama taught her. With campaigns for Estée Lauder, Adidas and La Perla (among many, many others), not to mention her family's reality show and her clothing line with sister Kylie, and there's no stopping her.Getty Images