When it comes to fall, our wardrobes usually get all of the attention, which is why it’s time to spread that love to our makeup bags. There are just as many new makeup trends and beauty products to try with the changing season - trust us!
Fall beauty trends are jam-packed with attitude this year. From a new take on the berry lip to colourful eyeshadow and a new take on the no-makeup makeup look, there’s definitely something for everyone.
Makeup artist Victoria Radford highlights three of the top trends of the season and how to get the look yourself.
TREND 1: PINK ALLOVER
The return of blush on the spring runways evolved into a true pink party for fall. It’s a twist on the no-makeup makeup look, but with a little pop of colour. When you use the same pink product like this, not only do you achieve a gorgeous ethereal look, but you’re also able to get out the door in a hurry!
- Prep the skin with a sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer.
- Simply apply the pink product with your fingers or a brush onto cheeks, eyes and lips.
- The multistick can be your final step in your makeup routine, or you can add a coloured powder on top to intensify it. Traditionally, creams always come before powders.
- PRO TIP: To take this look up a notch for nighttime, add a bright berry lip versus a Barbie pink lip. This will give you a very seasonal and editorial look.
THE PRODUCT: BITE Beauty Multistick in Lotus
TREND 2: METALLIC EYES
There isn’t one eyeshadow colour trending for fall, but there is one key texture and that’s definitely metallic, in every shade imaginable. Metallic eyes make a statement. This isn’t your everyday smoky eye; the metallic sheen and singular tone gives a unique twist for the season.
- Prep the lids first with an eyelid primer.
- Simply pack the metallic product onto either your finger or your brush and sweep on the lid.
- PRO TIP: Keep the metallic tones closer to the lash line if you’re looking to ease into this trend, but for evening, go all out and blend up to the brow bone!
THE PRODUCT: Charlotte Tilbury's EYes to Mesmerise in Bette, Jean and Verushka
TREND 3: THE BLURRED BERRY LIP
This trend is an effortless twist on the classic bold lip for fall. By ditching the lip liner and having a blurred edge, it gives the illusion that you could’ve just been kissing someone, which is a really sexy look.
- Use your finger or apply colour straight from the bullet, blending edges to create the blurred effect.
- PRO TIP: Keeping a simple eye and having the focus be on the lips is a beautiful daytime look, and in the evening, add a thin winged liner.