Many don’t recognize financial abuse however, it is, in fact, a form of abuse and many may not always recognize the signs… and it can happen to anyone.
While many women are furthering their education, climbing the corporate ladder and entrepreneurship is thriving there are still situations when they feel controlled financially and in some cases abused in a relationship.
These are signs you should pay attention to:
- Keeping your spouse in the dark – financially speaking – not sharing your financial facts
- An allowance is doled out
- When one partner has to account for every dime they spend while the other dictates big purchases
- A spouse does not permit the other to go to work or makes that person feel badly about wanting to work
- When one spouse steals money from another spouse
Financial speaking, we can and should take control of our financial lives. No one will care more about your financial future than you. It’s time to take charge now.