SNAZZED-UP CRANBERRY SAUCE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 sweet apple, like a MacIntosh or Red Prince
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3–4 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, grainy or smooth
- 350ml can cranberry sauce*
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
WHAT YOU DO:
- Set a medium pan over medium heat.
- While the pan preheats, peel, core, and dice the apple into small cubes. Melt the butter in the pan and add in the apple, rosemary sprig, bay leaf, if using, and cinnamon. Allow the apples to cook for about 2 minutes then add in the red wine and cook, stirring frequently, for about another minute or until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dijon mustard and cranberry sauce. Season with a small pinch of salt and a good pinch of pepper and serve warm, room temperature, or chilled in the fridge.
*For this recipe, buy whole berry cranberry sauce, not the jellied variety