We all get clogged pipes. They’re essentially unavoidable, given that the main reason we have ’em in the first place is due to skin flakes, dirt and body hair binding to soap scum. You have skin and hair, and you use soap. Eventually, a clog will become an annoying problem.
You could reach for ol’ blue, complete with its skull-and-cross-bones label warning. But you don’t have to.
There’s a much less harsh alternative, and it uses things you have in your home. We’re talking baking soda, vinegar, hot water and Coke. Yes, Coke (or any Cola drink will do).
How it’s done
- Boil a kettle of water, then pour it down the clogged pipe. Note: make sure your pipes can handle exceedingly hot water.
- Mix one cup vinegar with one cup baking soda in a bowl, then pour down drain.
- Pour Cola of some kind down the drain.
- Finish with another kettle of boiling water.
- Marvel at your clog-free pipes. Good job.