Valentine’s Day is a day for sweethearts, but it is also a pretty darned good day for a sweet tooth, too. Most people will opt for chocolates or those pink and red jujube hearts. Or cinnamon hearts. Or macarons. Okay, so it’s a somewhat food-centric holiday of love.
We are among the lovers who need a sugar fix, so we decided to challenge ourselves to make candy roses. And in five minutes, we did it. And, you better believe they are delicious.
What you’ll need
- Jolly Ranchers
- lollipop sticks
- hot water
- Mason jar (or any mug cup)
How it’s made
- Soften candy in hot water for two to three minutes.
- Remove candy from wrappers, and shape into petals.
- Once you’ve shaped the petals, quickly fold around a stick.
- Keep adding layers until you’ve got the finished look you’re after.