Buying pre-soaked makeup pads can be expensive. And squirting out just enough makeup remover onto cotton pads every time you need some can be so tedious. Thankfully, there’s a DIY solution that uses four ingredients, most of which you have in your house. All you need is water (hey, you’ve got that!), coconut oil and a little drizzle of baby bath wash. If you’re feeling fancy, and you want some acne-healing properties in the pad, go ahead and treat yourself to the optional fourth ingredient: tea tree oil. Ready? Okay. Watch the video above to see just how easy it is to have a good stock of these pre-soaked pads in your bathroom at all times.
What you need
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon bath bath wash
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon tea tree oil (optional)
How it’s made
- Add all liquids to a bowl, and then gently whisk together.
- Stack pads in a small jar, pouring liquid over top to soak.
- Continue adding pads as they saturate, until you’ve reached the top.
- Close the lid and enjoy.