Check out makeup artist Victoria Radford’s favourite beauty looks from the 2018 Golden Globes red carpet and how to get the look at home.
THE TREND: ALL-OVER GLOW
There has been a lot of focus on the skin in the beauty world lately and last night’s look was all about letting your natural complexion shine through – that ”lit from within” glow.
- You want to use the combination of a foundation stick and a shimmer stick for this look.
- Dab foundation stick followed by the shimmer stick onto cheekbones, down the nose and on the chin for that natural glow.
THE TREND: BRIGHT RED LIP
It’s true that red lips are constant classic and a nice way to bring back that old Hollywood glamour, but last night’s red lips were all about modern applications and fresh finishes. We’re going to see a lot of this going into spring as well.
- I like to use a lip crayon because they layer so well and can be blurred out very nicely.
- Make sure to keep brows big and bold to balance out the bold lip and layer on the mascara.
THE TREND: SMUDGED-OUT EYES
This is my absolute favourite version of a smoky eye because it’s so easy to do and gives a more natural effect. I call it the “panda eye”. You can achieve this look using traditional smoky eye colours like black or bronze, or you can even use a pop of colour like blue or purple.
- Choose your favourite smudgeable eyeliner, whether in a traditional shade like black, or even a bright purple or blue to smoke out around the top and bottom lash lines.
- Whatever colour you choose to put on the bottom, make sure that you draw the line, almost like an upside down cat eye to give the illusion of gigantic panda eyes and then smudge out with a brush or sponge.
- Finally, make sure the top of the eye has lots of mascara to balance out this look so your eyes don’t end up looking dragged down.