So it’s Mother’s Day again and, like every year, you have no idea what to get your mom. Do you buy her another one of those ‘I heart mom’ mugs or make her a card? Before you settle on penning another coupon book for her, try your hand at putting together this flower arrangement. It doesn’t break the bank and your mom will be super impressed when you tell her you made it all on your own. This gift is the perfect combination of professional and personal. Your mom is going to love it!
WHAT YOU DO
- Gather an assortment of greens and blooms in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- Fill your vase of choice with room-temperature water (no flower food needed!).
- Tape a grid across the top of the vase to hold everything in place. If you don’t have florist’s tape, Scotch works just fine.
- Create the rough shape of your arrangement by adding some foliage first. Make sure no leaves are below the waterline.
- Trim the stems on an angle and get them into the water within 15 seconds to keep them fresh.
- Start your arrangement in the center with a focal flower, then work your way out.
- Fill in gaps with blooms of varying length for added depth, making sure none of the flowers are hidden by the foliage.
- Then you can add in some fancy touches like smaller flowers or vines.
- Keep your arrangement beautiful longer by refreshing the water every other day and removing expired blooms as needed.
Flowers and styling by Blush and Bloom.