Perhaps you’ve tried mulled wine and didn’t like it? Or maybe you like it but you’re tired of the same ol’ Glögg?
Well, that’s probably because it didn’t have vodka in it. That’s the twist GREY GOOSE cooked up for us this winter, and its “Winter’s Night” is the kind of booze-soaked fire-in-a-glass that’ll defrost your hands and warm your soul. Let’s call it a hot winter martini with wine. Yes, that’s basically what it is. Serves 12.
What you need
- 0.5 bottle GREY GOOSE vodka
- 1 bottle Pinot Noir
- 0.5 cup brown sugar
- 2 pink grapefruits, freshly squeezed
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 0.5 nutmeg, grated
- 4 star anise
How it’s made
- Heat up the spices in the sugar for one minute before adding all remaining ingredients to a saucepan to simmer.
- Once you’ve reached a simmer, remove from heat and rest for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve and serve.
- Garnish with grapefruit strips.