When a couple starts getting serious, it’s only a matter of time before they’re spotted wearing a giant diamond ring on their finger. And celebs are no different. Well, they’re slightly different, because the value of their rings is a lot of money.
We’ve been wanting Jennifer Aniston to find her happiness ever since Mr. and Mrs. Smith hit theatres, so when Justin Theroux finally put a ring on it (first the engagement, then the wedding band) we were ecstatic — especially when we finally got a look at it.
JAniston joins many other famous ladies who have shown off stunning sparklers on their well-moisturized, beautifully manicured hands. Some of the relationships may be in the past or, sadly, might not last, but photos of their rings will forever live on. Here are our favourite celebrity engagement and wedding rings, ranked:
Is Jennifer Aniston’s wedding ring the best of all time?
20. FergieHusband Josh Duhamel got the singer an H. Stern four-carat brilliant cut diamond engagement ring and a narrowed diamond band completed the set. Stunning. Getty Images
20. Kaley Cuoco-SweetingThe Big Bang Theory star rocks two bands that sandwich her dazzling 2.5-carat engagement ring from Red C Jewels. A gorgeous set. Getty Images
18. Khloe KardashianDespite her divorce from Lamar Odom, Khloe kept the $850,000 radiant-cut ring he got her from Vartan's Fine Jewelry. After the crap he put her through, damn right she did. Getty Images
17. Kim KardashianKanye obviously played a part in designing KK's ring with jeweler Lorraine Schwartz. And while no one but Kanye and Lorraine know how much he spent on the massive 15-carat diamond ring, it's safe to say he spared no expense (though rumours price it over a million bucks). Getty Images
16. Courtney StoddenAfter nine months apart, Stodden and Doug Hutchison figured their second engagement will stick. And with a second engagement comes a second ring, and this one's as big as Courtney's... personality. Getty Images
15. Jenna Dewan-TatumSometimes her two diamond wedding bands surround her Neil Lane engagement ring, other times she's got both bands below the giant diamond. Either way, they're beautiful so why shouldn't she mix it up every now and again? Getty Images
14. Milla JovovichJovovich and Paul W.S. Anderson popped into Neil Lane the day before their wedding and said they needed rings. They worked on the design and they were done overnight: matching 18-carat gold classics to go with Milla's 19th century vintage gold ring with pink, yellow and white diamonds. Getty Images
13. Nicole KidmanInstead of a solitaire stone, Kidman's ring from Keith Urban is actually a Cartier ring of diamonds surrounding her finger. Its estimated value is around $50,000 and not only is it a steal (in comparison to what some of these other men have spent), but it's unique. Getty Images
12. Jennifer AnistonJen An's simple, classic gold band lined in the centre with diamonds, was designed by her pal Jennifer Meyer. Meyer, who is married to Tobey Maguire, also designed Justin Theroux's ring. Getty Images
11. Carrie UnderwoodThe country star's favourite designer is Johnathon Arndt, so it only made sense that he would be the guy to create the ring of her dreams. Mike Fisher co-designed the stunner for $800K. He wanted to be part of the making of this yellow and white, 12-carat diamond ring so it would be perfect. Aw. Getty Images
10. Salma HayekThe actress is married to François-Henri Pinault, one of France's richest men, so it shouldn't be surprising that her stunning oval-shaped ring, set in shoulder diamonds, is worth an estimated £200,000. Still it's not the most expensive on this list. Getty Images
9. Lady GagaA Valentine's Day proposal and a heart-shaped diamond? Could that be more perfect for Gaga? Taylor Kinney enlisted Lorraine Schwartz, and the two even teamed up to add a heart sandwiched between the couple's initials in white diamonds on the inside of the band. Getty Images
8. Anna PaquinPaquin and Stephen Moyer not only got custom-made, matching platinum bands, but it was Anna's rough-cut antique diamond engagement ring that designer Cathy Waterman used as inspiration. Getty Images
7. Amal Alamuddin-ClooneyThe British barrister, whom George Clooney was lucky to land, couldn't just have any old ring. So George went out and found "an ethically mined emerald-cut diamond estimated at 7-plus carats and two tapered baguettes set in platinum" that ran him about $750K. The perfect engagement ring for the perfect lady. Getty Images
6. Marilyn MonroeThe diamond and platinum eternity band, which features 35 baguette-cut diamonds (and one missing diamond), that Joe DiMaggio gave MM fetched over $700K at auction. But we still can't help but think it's kind of priceless. Getty Images
5. Sarah Jessica ParkerSJP's massive diamond ring from Matthew Broderick is so massive that sometimes she can only wear her simple gold band. Otherwise she'll be off balance. Sarah Jessica Parker
4. Elizabeth TaylorThis was Liz's ring from Richard Burton, a 33-carat Krupp Diamond that is now known as the Elizabeth Taylor Diamond. The stone is an Asscher cut, which has been dated at pre-1920s and is believed to be internally flawless. He got it for a steal, $305,000 at auction. Getty Images
3. Natalie PortmanBenjamin Millepied worked with jeweler designer Jamie Wolf to create a handmade halo ring that aligned with Portman's eco-friendly and vegan ideals, so the round old mine-cut diamond is an antique, while the pave diamonds are certified as conflict-free, and the platinum is recycled metal. Getty Images
2. Sofia VergaraAfter six months of dating, Joe Manganiello proposed on Christmas Day, making the 4 to 5-carat centre stone ring (surrounded by diamonds) one very expensive present. It is reportedly worth half a million dollars. Getty Images
1. Kate MiddletonThe royal's 18-carat oval sapphire ring surrounded by diamonds was first worn by Princess Diana. Its value? Priceless, of course. We want it. Do you think she'd give it to us? Getty Images