It’s officially that time of the year when Forbes lets us common folk in on at how
gratuitously overpaid appropriately well paid the world’s biggest celebrities are.
This year’s list ranks the world’s top earning entertainers by their annual income only. Here’s a look at the top ten highest earning celebs in 2015, and as a bonus, three celeb couples where both members are part of the top 100 highest earning celebs. We think they call them “power couples,” cause y’know, they’re rich.
Get ready to be surprised:
The third highest earning couple is Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton, with a joint income of $57 million.
Believe it or not, Beyonce and Jay Z ranked in as only the second highest earning couple, making a joint $110.5 million. This is the first time they haven’t been on top of the list since 2013.
The highest earning celeb couple is actually Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris. They have a joint income of $146 million…that is until they break up and never, ever get back together.
And if you’re not into couples (we feel you), we gathered up a few more high flyers for you. Any surprises here?
Jay and Bey are no longer Forbes’ richest couple
10. Cristiano Ronaldo - $79.5 MillionPortuguese soccer superstar and world famous pretty boy Cristiano Ronaldo broke the top ten by raking in a handsome $79.5 million bucks thanks to his athletic earnings and endorsements. He was #30 last year.Getty Images
9. Taylor Swift - $80 MillionT-Swift earned some real big bucks over the past year. With a new album, some huge singles and a giant tour, Taylor's $80 million dollar salary ranked her as the #9 highest earning celeb, up from #18 last year.Getty Images
8. Robert Downey Jr. - $80 MillionRobert Downey Jr. managed to move up on the highest earning celebs list this year. Downey tied T-Swift with $80 million dollars in earnings thanks to his most recent Avengers paycheck. Out of respect, we're ranking him at #8. Last year RDJ came in at #10.Getty Images
7. James Patterson - $89 Million"Who's James Patterson?" you may ask. Well, in addition to being the American author behind the "Alex Cross" and "Michael Bennett" book series, he's also a super-rich guy. The scribe ranks as the seventh highest earning celeb this year, pulling in $89 million. He ranked in at #37 in 2014. Big jump!Getty Images
6. Garth Brooks - $90 MillionCountry music legend Garth Brooks is still making some serious bank. The cowboy rocker ranks in at #6 this year with an income of $90 million bucks. His previous highest rank was #14 on the list back in 1999.Getty Images
5. Howard Stern - $95 MillionHoward Stern is so rich. The smutty radio legend and “America's Got Talent” judge earned $95 million bucks this year, giving him the fifth highest celebrity income. That's a huge jump from Stern's #62 ranking last year.Getty Images
4. One Direction - $130 MillionThe 1D boys may be bummed that Zayn bailed on their group earlier this year, but there's no way they're upset about their salary. The Brit boys raked in $130 million dollars, making them the fourth highest celeb earners in 2015. They were #28 last year.Getty Images
3. Katy Perry - $135 MillionPlaying over 120 shows in almost 30 countries around the world paid off big time for Katy Perry over the past year. The pop star earned an income of $135 million, making her the third highest earning celeb in 2015. Last year she ranked in at #9.Getty Images
2. Manny Pacquiao - $160 MillionThanks to a little Las Vegas boxing match that you might have heard a bit about last month, Filipino fighter Manny Pacquiao made enough cash to make him the second highest celebrity earner in 2015 with $160 million dollars in the bank.Getty Images
1. Floyd MayweatherAnd yes, Pacquiao's opponent Floyd Mayweather managed to make even more, earning $300 million dollars over the past year. That's insane! That salary makes Mayweather the highest earning celebrity in 2015.Getty Images