They did it. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are officially married. And true to form, not only did we not know it was coming but we also didn’t know that it happened until after the fact. The couple managed to keep their wedding so undercover that the first we’re hearing about it is their rep confirming the news to The Associated Press.
BREAKING: Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were married Saturday in France, says a spokesman for the couple.
— The Associated Press (@AP) August 28, 2014
Here’s what else we’ve managed to uncover:
- They were married on Saturday, August 23 in the French hamlet of Correns, a spokesman for the couple confirms.
- Pitt and Jolie wed in a small chapel and the private ceremony was attended by their closest, best-secret-keeping family and friends at Provence’s Chateau Miraval (which the couple leased back in 2008).
- Their kids took part in the ceremony. Eldest sons Maddox and Pax walked Jolie down the aisle, Zahara and Vivienne were the flower girls and threw petals, and Shiloh and Knox served as ring bearers. Aw.
- The California judge whom Brange obtained their marriage license from also conducted their marriage ceremony.
- Brad might look like this in their wedding photo, as evidenced by his photo call promoting his upcoming movie, The Fury, in England on Thursday. Humina-humina.
- FYI, Angie will look as stunning as ever.
- Brangelina will not be stealing George Clooney’s thunder, as he prepares to wed his fiancée Amal Alamuddin next month.
Hey, it’s better than the paintball wedding one of the kids suggested a while back. And it’s SO Brange-y that they not only involved the kids in every aspect of the ceremony but, also managed to keep things under wraps. Seriously though, how did arguably the most famous couple in the world do it? Well, by picking the weekend of the VMAs and the Emmys, of course. Congrats to the crafty couple!