- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked U.S. brown rice
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) diced bell peppers
- 2 cups (500 ml) shredded kale
- 1 cup (250 ml) julienned butternut squash
- 1 gala apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) toasted slivered almonds
Fine herb vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) each finely chopped basil, rosemary, thyme
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) kosher salt and pepper
- Combine rice with bell peppers. Arrange rice, kale, butternut squash, and apple on a platter in diagonal rows. Top kale with almonds.
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette and spoon over salad just before serving.
- Makes 4 servings.
Recipe courtesy USA Rice Federation