If you’ve ever woken up with a hankering for a PB&J sandwich, do what Katy Perry does: Forget about two slices of bread — goodbye refined carbs! — and grab a blender instead.
Before you wonder what the heck in Candyland is she thinking, keep in mind that the singer swears by this pink smoothie. It’s packed with a day’s worth of fibre and it’s high in potassium and vitamins B and C. Best of all, it only takes one minute to make. Yes! One minute! And, bonus, it doubles as a dessert. We don’t know about you, but this smoothie sounds like a
What you need
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 frozen banana, chopped
- 2 teaspoons of peanut butter (without added sugar)
- 4 ounces of fat-free milk or Greek yoghurt
- crushed ice
- a blender (duh!)
What you do
- All you have to do is throw your ingredients into a blender and mix until it’s silky smooth.
- Drink this morning dessert up!