We haven’t seen a whole lot of Kylie Jenner since the birth of her 5-month-old daughter, Stormi, but the beauty mogul has definitely been busy.
In April she collaborated with sister Kourtney on an entire makeup collection, in early May she made sure we were all ready for summer with her The Bronze Extended Palette, and on Mother’s Day she launched the Kris Kollection in honor of the world’s most favorite momager. If all that weren’t enough, today she also launched the Sorta Sweet collection, which consists of rich neutrals in the form of an eyeshadow palette and liquid lipsticks.
While Kylie obviously reaches for her own products on the regular, today she released a makeup tutorial for Vogue that walks people through her entire summer beauty routine which includes some other brands, as well, including KKW, Giorgio Armani, Beauty Blender, and Marc Jacobs.
In the video, she begins with moisturized, bare skin and then goes straight into how she creates her always on-point brows. How genius is that brow-shaping concealer trick, and the fact that she uses the concealer across her lid as an eye shadow base/primer? Totally stealing that one.
Some additional makeup tricks you can pull from the Kylie Jenner playbook include applying blush to not just your cheeks, but to your nose, chin, and forehead; do your eyeshadow first and foundation afterward so you can easily clean up eyeshadow fallout; don’t be afraid to use your fingers because sometimes that application method works best; use a small brush for highlighter; and mix your liquid foundation with a drop or two of liquid bronzer for an all-over summer glow.
For your convenience, here’s every entire single product she used in the $500+ routine:
- Anastasia Brow Pencil Wiz Mechanical Brow Pencil ($27 at Sephora)
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter ($58 at Marc Jacobs Beauty)
- Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation ($72 at Sephora)
- BeautyBlender ($26 at Sephora)
- Kylie Cosmetics Pearl Skin Concealer ($26 at Kylie Cosmetics)
- KKW Beauty Baking Powder ($24 at KKW Beauty)
- Chanel Le Teint Ultra Tenue Ultrawear Flawless Compact Foundation SPF 15 ($83 at Nordstrom)
- KKW Beauty Powder Contour & Highlight Kit ($69 at KKW Beauty)
- Kylie Cosmetics Lip Liner ($16 at Kylie Cosmetics)
- Kylie Cosmetics Nova Matte Lipstick ($26 at Kylie Cosmetics)
- Kylie Cosmetics Blush in Barely Legal ($26 at Kylie Cosmetics)
- Dior Diorshow Lash-Extension Effect Volume Mascara ($41 at Nordstrom)
- Kylie Cosmetics Salted Caramel Kylighter ($29 at Kylie Cosmetics)
- MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime Fix+ Finishing Mist ($36 at Nordstrom)
The entire video is loaded with some top-notch tips, but also with some nostalgic stories about experimenting with makeup and launching her line, and some poignant reflection about what makeup means to her. Also, not going to lie, but it was hard not to laugh at that story about Kris accidentally applying black eyeliner as lipstick… you really need to watch!