Ready to fire up the BBQ and get grilling? There’s no better meal to kick things off with than with a delicious juicy burger. But not just any burger, the KING of all burgers: NYC’s famous Shake Shack burger. Famous for its simple toppings and flavourful patty, there’s no doubt it will make your tongue wag and stomach growl for more.
- 8 oz ground beef sirloin
- 4 oz ground beef chuck
- 4 oz ground beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 potato burger buns
- 4 leaves of green-leaf lettuce
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 4 slices kosher dill pickles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, mix together the ground sirloin, chuck and brisket until combined.
- Divide meat into four, forming them into small patties that are about two inches high and two inches wide. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Lightly butter and toast burger buns until golden brown.
- To make the secret sauce: In a food processor blend together mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard, pickles, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Pour vegetable oil into a skillet over medium-high heat just until it begins to smoke.
- Season patties with salt and pepper, then place patty seasoned-side down into skillet. Using a spatula, press patty down into pan, which will help to give it a nice crust. Season top of patty, then flip after approximately two minutes (or whenever crust is formed).
- Place American cheese on top of patty and continue to cook until burger is done and cheese has melted.
- To assemble burger: Place a patty on top of toasted bun, drizzle over secret sauce, and top with two slices of tomatoes and piece of lettuce. Wait 30 seconds for steam to soften the bun, then enjoy!