Aren’t potatoes great? This versatile vegetable can be used in so many ways. In less than 20 minutes you can create moist baked potatoes, mouth-watering potato skins or the ultimate potato salad. But, if you’re craving crunchy, seasoned potato chips — like we are — you’ve come to the right place. Forget buying the bagged stuff, we’ve got a quick homemade recipe that’s about to satisfy your crunchy needs once and for all.
What you need
- 1 potato
- olive oil
- pinch of salt
- potato peeler
- 1 thin wooden stick
- microwave-safe bowl
What you do
- Wash the potato and then cut it into very thin slices using your peeler. (The serene background music in the above video will help with the slicing process. Trust us.)
- Next, wash the potato slices in water and pat them dry.
- Once all of the moisture is removed, toss the slices into a bowl, drizzle on a bit of olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- It’s time for the fun part. Grab the wooden stick and pierce each slice onto it.
- The slices are almost ready for the microwave, but they’re missing one thing: a pinch (or two) of salt.
- OK, now just make the wooden stick balance on the bowl and pop it into the microwave for 4 to 8 minutes (yes, it’s that quick!).
- Once it’s done, you can eat them straight off the stick or add them to a bowl. Either way, they’re sure to taste delicious.