MASCARPONE SOFT SCRAMBLE
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup (250ml) fresh or thawed frozen green peas
- ½ cup (125 ml) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) + 1/3 cup (75 ml) mascarpone cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) unsalted butter
- Salt and black pepper
WHAT YOU DO:
- Place the green peas, Parmesan, and ¼ cup (60 ml) mascarpone in a food processor and pulse until most of the peas are broken down and the cheese is incorporated.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk in the remaining 1/3 cup (75 ml) mascarpone. Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook slowly, pushing the eggs around the pan with a rubber spatula. When the eggs are three-quarters cooked, after about 6 minutes, add dollops of the pea and mascarpone mixture. Continue to cook gently and stir, allowing the cheese to melt.
- To serve, transfer the Mascarpone Soft Scramble to a serving plate and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe excerpted from ‘Brunch Life’