Miranda Kerr is one of Victoria’s Secret’s most recognizable Angels. What, with her beautiful cherub-face and killer body, it’s hard not to notice her. So, how does the supermodel mother of one, look so damn good? Four words. Gluten-free apple banana muffins. OK, so she also does 10-minute planks and seated spinal twists, but, trust us, Miranda (and her little son) absolutely love this 140-calorie muffin. Here’s how you can make your very own:
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup goat milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large green organic apples, chopped
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- It’s time to get nutty: Grind up the oats and walnuts into a flour-like consistency.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and add all of the dry ingredients (that would be the oats and walnuts concoction, plus the baking powder, baking soda, and chia seeds.)
- Now it’s time to mix in the beaten eggs, applesauce and yogurt.
- Next, heat the coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla and honey in a small pot over low heat until it turns into a delicious syrup. Mmm. We’re already drooling over here.
- Pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- It’s time to bring out the big guns: Fold the chopped apples and mashed bananas into the mixture.
- It’s oven time. Heat the oven to 350°F. While that’s warming up, pour the mixture into a lightly-greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- It’ll be difficult, but try to resist eating them for 15 minutes. Hey, they need to cool.
- And voila, sprinkle some cinnamon on top and they’re ready to be eaten.