Beauty expert Nathalie Smith highlights her favourite haircare products from Shoppers Drug Mart.
With over 100 new items in store, Shoppers Drug Mart is the destination for the latest products, including haircare! To help narrow down your shopping list, beauty expert Nathalie Smith suggests some of her favourite new haircare finds of the season.
Herbal Essences Bio:renew Blue Ginger & Micellar Water Shampoo
Live Clean Mineral Clay Rebalancing Shampoo
- WHY IT’S GREAT: Micellar water shampoos like this one remove the oils and dirt that need to go without stripping your strands, irritating your scalp or lessening the life of your colour. It’s gentle enough to use every day, especially for medium-to-fine hair types, or colour-treated hair. There also aren’t any silicones, parabens or colourants. Bonus: it smells otherworldly!
TREAT & REPAIR
L'Oréal Paris Hair Expertise Total Repair 5 Protein Recharge
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This shampoo is made with three minimal clays: Kaolin, Montmorillonite, and Bentonite and the organic botanicals of: apple cider, witch hazel, tea tree and green tea all to balance and purify oily roots while hydrating dry ends. It’s also eco-friendly, 98% plant-based and 100% silicone, SLS, paraben and phosphate free!
Garnier Fructis Damage Repairing Treat Hair Mask – Papaya Extract
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This is a new leave-in conditioner that recharges and strengthens the hair fibre using almond and protein to combat breakage. It offers 450-degree heat protection and 97% less breakage. Sign us up!
Batiste Dry Shampoo Rose Gold
- WHY IT’S GREAT: For most of us, face masks take priority in our beauty routine, but they shouldn’t. This 3-in-1 mask leaves hair soft and strong—and it’s 100% vegan and paraben-free! There are different ways to use this product, depending on how damaged your hair is: Use as a mask after shampoo (apply onto wet hair, leave on for a few minutes, and then rise), use as a conditioner, or use as a leave-in conditioner.
John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Air-Dry Waves Styling Foam
- WHY IT’S GREAT: Is washing your hair an absolute chore? You need to embrace dry shampoo, and this is the newest twist in the Batiste dry shampoo range. They had us at rose gold! It instantly refreshes hair between washes and has a tantalizing new scent.
L'Oréal Paris Colorista One-Day Colour Spray Silver
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This product promises defined, soft and moisturized curls that defy frizz. The best part is that it’s designed to be applied to damp strands, working the products from roots to tips, then scrunching the hair upwards and allowing to air dry.
Garnier Olia Violet Red 4.26 Hair Colour
- WHY IT’S GREAT: Want to add some fun to your ‘do? This is an instant spray colour that’s visible regardless of how light or dark your hair colour underneath, thanks to a white micro-powder. It dries in minutes, and then disappears with shampoo.
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This hair colour is ammonia-free. Why should you care? Ammonia is an alkaline agent that blows the cuticle wide open, SWAT team-style, allowing colour to flood in, but then back out just as easily later on. But Olia opens the cuticle just a crack, enough to really get the colour down deep.Since it’s powered by oil, it conditions and smooths the cuticle back shut again, locking down colour.