Hungry for something fresh? Click here
for our new recipes section!
This is basically like shortbread.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (Besan)
- 1/2 cup semolina
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon cardamom
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup solid ghee (Don’t use liquid ghee, it won’t work)
- 1 and 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup, roughly chopped pistachios
WHAT YOU DO:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine flours, semolina, baking powder, cardamom and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together ghee and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Pour ghee/sugar mixture into flour mixture, and gently mix by hand until no flour can be seen, and dough comes off the side of the bowl.
- Chill dough for 5 minutes in the freezer.
- Roll 1.5 inch diameter balls and place them on the lined baking tray, ensuring there’s space between each ball. The cookies will expand as they bake, and this will help ensure they don’t touch.
- Poke your finger into the top of each ball, and place a few pieces of pistachio on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. The cookies will not brown significantly, so please be sure to pull them out during this time frame.
- Allow to cool preferably overnight, or at least a minimum of 2 hours before peeling off parchment. Any sooner, and they will crumble into sand. These are very fragile cookies