We’ve got everything from haircare and skincare to makeup.
April is Earth Month, which means it’s a great time to check out some of the latest and greatest natural beauty products!
Natural beauty brands have the advantage of years of research, meaning these products are now more effective than ever, and green beauty expert Michelle Bilodeau has curated a list of some of her favourites.
Graydon Matcha Mint Shampoo
Osea Hyaluronic Sea Serum
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This is a nourishing shampoo that won’t weigh hair down. It’s great for blondes but works well on all hair colours. Matcha tea is a powerful antioxidant, and a source of panthenol (a B vitamin), which softens and strengthens hair. It also contains hydrating chia extract, hemp seed oil and sunflower seed oil and has a light peppermint vanilla scent.
LASPA: Daily Sun Protection Mineral Sunscreen SPF 20
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This is an award-winning serum that has some celeb fans including Jessica Biel and Olivia Wilde. The Hyaluronic Sea Serum contains the brand’s staple ingredient, seaweed from Patagonia. It also contains red and brown algae (full of vitamins and minerals!), and they help to reduce redness, and the appearance of wrinkles, while plant-based Hyaluronic Acid helps to plump the skin. Hyaluronic acid can hold up to 1000x its weight in water, so it’s super hydrating!
Epic Blend Strawberry Custard Lip Balm
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This product is sweat and water-resistant; water will actually bead up on the skin. It's 14% percent zinc oxide which is an incredibly effective natural sun protectant. It’s fragrance free, gluten free, hypoallergenic and biodegradable.
Nude by Nature Radiant Loose Powder Foundation
- WHY WE LOVE IT: We’re obsessed with the adorable packaging and accessible price point (under $4). With flavours like Strawberry Custard, Green Apple, Root Beer, they’re like all-natural Lip Smackers! They’re made with hemp, coconut, non-GMO vitamin E, sunflower seed oil and more moisturizing ingredients. Available at health food stores across Canada.
Kjaer Weis Lip Gloss
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This is the brand’s staple product. One Powder Foundation sells every 100 seconds in Australia. It doesn't include Bismuth Oxychloride, like most powders, which can cause sensitization and settles into fine lines. It does contain Kakadu Plum, the world’s richest source of vitamin C, to protect skin and boost radiance. Also contains Kaolin Clay to detoxify skin and sooth any irritation. Pro tip: Apply with a brush in small, circular motions, starting at the centre of the face and working outwards.
Zorah Biocosmétiques Pure Argan Mascara – Volume & Care
- WHY WE LOVE IT: Say goodbye to the stickiness that comes with lip gloss! This gloss, which comes in six shades, glides on smooth without the stickiness associated with lip gloss. It’s made with hydrating castor seed, sunflower seed and rosehip oil. The packaging is refillable, so that’s another thing to feel good about. Pro tip: Apply to the highlights of the cheekbones or as a blush shade to give yourself a dewy glow!
RMS Eye Polish
- WHY WE LOVE IT: This mascara is a long-lasting formula and truly one of the best natural mascara’s we’ve tried. The triangle head brush grabs even the smallest lashes. It’s made with organic Argan oil to help nourish lashes while it adds volume and it also smells sweetly of strawberries. This mascara is gluten free, cruelty-free, as well as vegan, packaging made from recycled materials.
- WHY WE LOVE IT: These RMS metallic eye pigments come in a range of shades (around 10), and create a fashion-forward glossy effect on the eyes. They’re made with raw mineral pigments, and are super nourishing (contains coconut oil so it melts into the skin!), so it will hydrate the delicate skin on your eyes while you wear it.