In the world of baking, the way you choose to decorate a cake can make or break it. And, unfortunately, people actually do eat with their eyes first… so if it’s not beautiful, it ain’t gonna make the cut.
Rather than watching helplessly as your sophisticated creation turns into a mess of icing and candy, try out this trendy, three-ingredient icing trick. Problem solved.
What you need
- 1 part white chocolate
- 1 part cream
- Food colouring
- frosted cake
What you do
- In a bowl, combine equal parts white chocolate and cream.
- Warm for 30-second increments in the microwave until the chocolate’s melted, stirring gently between each one.
- Mix in a few drops of food colouring so the icing reaches your desired colour.
- Starting from the centre, pour icing on top of any frosted cake (make sure your cake’s been chilled before adding the icing). Use a spatula to gently spread the icing toward the edges of the cake, and watch in delight as it drips over the edge.
- Serve as is or top with candy and swirls of buttercream icing.