No-Bake Chocolate Oat Squares
Makes 16 squares
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
WHAT YOU DO:
- Line an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Press half the oat mixture into bottom of prepared pan; transfer remaining oat mixture to a small bowl.
- In the same saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter, stirring until smooth; reserve 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) for drizzling.
- Spread remaining chocolate mixture evenly over crust in pan.
- Sprinkle reserved oat mixture over chocolate layer and gently press it in.
- Drizzle reserved chocolate mixture over top. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours, then let come to room temperature for 15 minutes before cutting into squares.