These are nut-free and perfect for school.
No-Bake Granola Bars
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cherries OR dried cranberries
- Sea salt to taste
WHAT YOU DO:
- Toast the oats and pumpkin and sunflower seeds in a 350°F oven for 5-7 minutes until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, pulse dates in a food processor until pureed and a sticky ball forms.
- Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the date “ball” the toasted oats and seeds, the honey, cherries and salt.
- Combine ingredients well with your hands. Press into the tin and press down continually until a dense, even layer is created. Place in freezer for 10 mins.
- Reverse granola bar mixture from pan, remove parchment paper and cut in half and then slice into bars. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.