Inspired by ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’.
Parisian Winter Stew
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork sausages
- 6 skin on boneless chicken thighs
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into 1” coins
- 2 celery stalks, sliced into 1” pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red cabbage, sliced into 1” pieces
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
WHAT YOU DO:
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the sausages and chicken thighs and cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning every few minutes. You want the meat to brown nicely. Once the meat has browned remove and add to a paper towel lined plate. Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the dutch oven.
- Add onions and leeks to dutch oven and cook, stirring often for about 3 minutes, or until they become translucent. Now add carrots, celery, garlic and cabbage. Continue to cook the vegetables for another 6-7 minutes, stirring often. Add the tomatoes, parsley, thyme, beans, stock and reserved meat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and let stew simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with a warm baguette and enjoy!