Serves 6 to 8
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups frozen peaches, defrosted and liquid reserved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 bottle chilled sparkling wine
- Basil or mint, for garnish
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a small food processor or blender, blitz up the peaches and their liquid, lemon juice, and sugar until very smooth. Strain the mixture through a mesh sieve and transfer into a pitcher large enough to hold the puree and wine.
- Place the puree in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add in the sparkling wine and stir well to combine. Pour into glasses and garnish with basil or mint, if desired.