PEACHY BREAKFAST CRISP
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 10 ripe peaches, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 ½ cups large flake oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ cup cold butter, cut into small chunks
HOW TO PEEL A PEACH
Use a pairing knife to cut a small, shallow x into the bottom of the peach. Submerge the peaches into boiling water for 30 seconds, drain and cool slightly. Use your pairing knife to easily remove and discard the skin.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Add your peaches, honey and 3 tbsp flour into a 7×11 baking dish and toss well.
- In a separate bowl mix together 1 cup flour, oats, cinnamon and allspice. Add the butter and use your fingers to work the butter into the dry mixture until you only have tiny pieces of butter throughout the mixture.
- Distribute the topping evenly over all the peaches and put it into the oven to bake for 45 minutes at 350F, until the edges are bubbly and top is set and golden brown.