Pecan Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Quinoa Bowl
This recipe is: egg-free, oat-free, wheat-free, peanut-free, & dairy-free
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch cloves
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Maple syrup
WHAT YOU DO:
- In a small pot, bring the milk and water to a boil. Add quinoa and salt, cover, reduce heat to minimum and let cook 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork, then stir in pumpkin, vanilla, and spices. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Divide into 2 bowls and top with pecans and maple syrup.