Playful Playdate Platter
Serves 4 – 8 kids
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Peanut Butter Fluff Dip
- 2 bananas
- 1 apple per person
- 1 apricot per person
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 1 cup grapes, any colour
- 1 cup raspberries
- Mini croissants, at least one per person
- 1 waffle cup per person
- 4 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup alphabet pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt-covered pretzels
- Assorted gummies
- 4 tablespoons M&Ms
WHAT YOU DO:
- Make the Peanut Butter Fluff Dip and serve in a small bowl.
- Prepare the fruit: Toss the cantaloupe cubes with the grapes and raspberries and fill the waffle cups. Core the apples, then with the top of the apple flat against a mandoline, slice the apples into V˝ slices. If not serving right away, cover the apple slices with water and squeeze the juice from half a lemon over top. Last minute: Cut the bananas into ½˝ coins just before serving.
- Lay the waffle cones on the board or stand them up in a shallow jar for 2 different presentations. (I use ½-pint mason jar in the photo.) Toss the popcorn with the alpha- bet pretzels. Fill each waffle cone with the popcorn mixture and top with M&M’s.
- Arrange everything on and around your board (see page 23 for tips) and wait for the smiles!
- Most of the board serving sizes in this book are based on adults, but this one’s for kids. This board shows 4 cones, but there’s plenty of food to feed up to 8 kids if you add a cone for each child. Word of warning: for a kids board, make sure there’s the same number of treats for each child!
- If you’re serving children with peanut allergies, omit the assorted nuts and make the Peanut Butter Fluff Dip with almond or cashew butter, for example, or a nut-free cookie spread.
Recipe excerpted from On Boards