Poached Eggs on Avocado Toast
WHAT YOU NEED:
- ½ cup water, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1–2 slices whole grain bread
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp feta or Parmesan cheese, optional
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce, for serving,optional
WHAT YOU DO:
- Split the water between two microwave safe coffee mugs and season with a pinch of salt. Crack an egg into each cup and pierce each egg yolk with the tines of a fork (this helps the egg yolks cook without bursting in the microwave). Cover the mugs with plastic wrap and place the eggs in the microwave on high for 1 minute. If the egg is not cooked or if you like a firmer yolk, pop the eggs back into the microwave for 15-second intervals until cooked to your liking.
- Allow the eggs to cool slightly while you toast your bread and smash the avocado on top. Season with salt and pepper, scatter with cheese, if using, and, using a fork or spoon, scoop the eggs onto a piece of paper towel to drain. Place the eggs onto the toast, season with salt and pepper and add a dash of hot sauce if you’d like!