Poached Eggs with Wilted Spinach and Garlic Yogurt
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup full fat yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serve this with Simple Yogurt Flatbread
WHAT YOU DO:
- Mix yogurt, garlic and olive together and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to a gentle simmer.
- Crack eggs into a fine mesh strainer to strain out the watery whites – this will give you a tight beautifully shaped poached egg. Gently transfer the strained egg into a ramekin and add to the barely simmering water. The perfect poached egg depends on how you like them, but for a firm white and a runny yolk, I like to keep them in for about 4 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add spinach a handful at a time, constantly mixing until all the spinach is incorporated and wilted.
- Season with chili flakes, salt and cracked pepper.
- To serve, spread garlic yogurt over a piece of flatbread, top with wilted spinach a poached egg or two and enjoy!