Baked potatoes might just be the perfect food because of their ability to transform into a million different flavours, depending on what you top them with. Sour cream? Classic. Cheese and broccoli? Almost a perfect meal! The only downside is the effort that goes into making each one individually. So, unless you have a permanent potato bar set up in your house, you’re probably going to fall in love with this quick casserole that’s big on taste… and potatoes, obviously.
CHICKEN BACON TATER TOT CASSEROLE
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 bag of frozen tater tots
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 package of softened cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 8-10 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
WHAT YOU DO
- Cook tater tots according to packaging
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish
- In a large bowl, mix together sour cream and cream cheese until combined
- Mix in hot sauce, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken, onion, and half (1/4 cup) of the green onion.
- Pour mixture into casserole dish, and top with a layer of tater tots.
- Sprinkle cheese, crumbled bacon, and remaining green onion on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Singing Through The Rain