Having a great quiche recipe in your back pocket is always a good idea. Whether you’re hosting an Easter brunch for your entire family, or simply craving something savoury and healthy, this asparagus, pea, and goat cheese quiche hits all the marks. It doesn’t hurt that its plate presentation is picture perfect, too.
ASPARAGUS, PEA AND GOAT CHEESE QUICHE
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 store-bought 9” pie crust, thawed
- ½ lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp freshly-cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp chives, minced
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce thawed pie crust all over with fork. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown, then allow to cool.
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Blanch asparagus by cooking in boiling water for 2 minutes, and then remove and submerge in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking process. Drain and then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Stir in asparagus and peas.
- Pour mixture into cooled pie crust.
- Add a layer of crumbled goat cheese over the top.
- Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- Cook quiche for 40 to 45 minutes, or until set.
- Let cool slightly, garnish with minced chives.
- Serve and enjoy!