Cauliflower is truly one of the wonders of the vegetable kingdom. Not only does it pack an incredible nutritional punch, but it’s also amazingly versatile in the kitchen. Craving some pizza, but not feeling all those carbs? Cauliflower is there for you. Feel like noshing on some buffalo wings without ingesting all that greasy bird meat? Cauliflower’s got you covered there, too. The extent of this veggie’s aptitude for fakery truly knows no bounds, and with that in mind, we give you the latest innovation in cauliflower imitation: cauliflower tater tots.
Baked Cauliflower Tots
What you need
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ½ cup old cheddar, shredded
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ cup breadcrumbs or panko
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly cracked black pepper (to taste)
What you do
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower florets in food processor and pulse until mixture reaches a rice-like consistency.
- Place cauliflower mixture and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix until combined. Scoop approximately 1 tbsp of the mixture into your hand and form into a tot. Repeat for the remainder of the mixture.
- Bake tots until slightly browned, about 18 to 20 minutes, then flip tots and cook for another five to eight minutes until all sides are golden.
- Serve with ketchup, hot sauce, marinara sauce or pop ’em plain!