Everybody loves a good cheese cake. And whoever came up with the idea to add lemon to dessert deserves a Nobel Prize. Of course, the only problem in all this deliciousness is the unfortunate calorie count. Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. These lemon cheesecake bars use Greek yogurt, low-fat cream cheese and minimal sugar so they don’t end up being too bad for you. Plus, there is lemon in them, so they basically count as a serving of fruit.
LOW-FAT LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
WHAT YOU DO
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Line a 9×9-inch baking dish with foil or parchment. Make sure to leave extra overhang to easily lift bars out of pan when finished.
- To make the crust, mix graham cracker crumbs and coconut oil in a medium bowl until completely combined, then firmly press into an even layer in bottom of baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add cream cheese to a large bowl, and beat with a hand (or stand) mixer on high speed until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Lower speed to medium, and, one ingredient at a time, add yogurt, eggs, egg yolk, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Make sure to completely combine each ingredient before adding the next.
- Once filling is completely smooth, pour on top of crust and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until filling is firm and does not wiggle.
- Remove from oven and cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Transfer dish to refrigerator and let cool an additional 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Once completely chilled, remove from pan with overhanging parchment or foil. Cut into squares, garnish, and enjoy!