If you’re a busy person, how can you possibly even hope to find time to make a great, substantial meal for yourself? No matter the reason for not having the time to cook, we’re positive you’d feel better after eating a homemade meal instead of ordering Chinese takeout…again.
Elia Herrera, a chef that’ll be at this year’s Taste of Toronto put together a recipe to show us that you don’t need a lot of free time to cook a good meal. All you need is five minutes, a few ingredients and voila! A gourmet meal of garlicky shrimp.
LOS COLIBRIS’ CAMARONES ALAJILLO
What you need
- 5 jumbo shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 gaujillo pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Lime, to taste
What you do
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add sliced garlic and guajillo pepper until golden brown. Remove from oil.
- Put shrimp in hot oil and cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Add garlic and guajillo peppers back into pan with shrimp.
- Add salt and lime.
- Be overwhelmed by how little time that took to make and how incredible it tastes.
Recipe adapted from Elia Herrera with the Taste of Toronto.
Catch Elia Herrera along with Toronto’s top chefs at Taste of Toronto from June 23 to June 26 in Fort York. Tickets sell for $19 per adult, $10 for youths and are free for kids under 12 (get them here).