Summer is approaching quick, and it’s sure to bring some uncomfortably hot days with it. On those occasions when the heat becomes too much to bear, these orange Creamsicle bars are the perfect treat to help you cool off.
Have a bite (or have the whole pan) and you’ll lose yourself in that unforgettable Creamsicle taste. Although it’s the filling that’s likely to take you on a trip down memory lane, the graham cracker base definitely adds a pleasant bite.
So if you’re the kind of person that has trouble deciding between ice cream, popsicles and cake, these no-bake bars are the perfect way to satisfy all your junk food cravings.
ORANGE CREAMSICLE BARS
What you need for the crust
- 1½ cup graham cracker crumbs (around 12-15 crackers)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
What you need for the filling
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon orange extract
What you do
- Cover a 13 by 9 inch baking dish with lightly-greased aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Mix sugar with graham cracker crumbs, then stir in butter until graham cracker crumbs reach the consistency of damp sand.
- Push crumbs to bottom of baking dish firmly and evenly.
- Put dish in freezer while you start on filling.
- Beat cream cheese, condensed milk and sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in orange juice, zest and extract until just combined.
- Pre-chill a mixing bowl, and after, whip heavy cream in bowl with electric mixer.
- Gently fold whipped cream into orange mixture with spatula. Be careful not to overmix. When whipped cream is just folded in, take crust out from freezer.
- Pour filling over crust evenly.
- Cut with a clean, hot knife and add more whipped cream to the top just because you can.