No one hates soup–it’s practically unheard of. Which is why this spinach and tortellini soup is going to be such a big hit for whoever you make it for. And while there are other great meal options out there, it requires practically zero cooking time–because the slow cooker does everything for you. So toss all your ingredients in, walk away, and come back to a well-seasoned soup.
SPINACH AND TORTELLINI SOUP
What you need
- 1 quart (4 cups) water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (12 oz or 1 cups) can evaporated milk
- 1 (8 oz or 225 grams) package dried cheese tortellini
- 4 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 packet powdered alfredo sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
What you do
- Put alfredo mix in slow cooker, then slowly stir in water until smooth.
- Combine vegetable broth, mushrooms, onions, garlic, basil, oregano, cayenne, salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 5-6 hours.
- Stir in tortellini, then continue to cook for another 30-45 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Just before serving, stir in evaporated milk and spinach. Once incorporated and the spinach is slightly wilted, ladle into serving bowls and top with fresh black pepper and parmesan cheese before serving.