If you have a sweet tooth like us, then you’re no stranger to indulging in a chocolaty treat
occasionally daily (hey, we won’t tell the dentist if you don’t). Twix bars are a junk food staple for many, but we bet you’ll be surprised at just how easy they are to make yourself. Not to mention the fact that you’ll get an entire pan for your efforts instead of just one measly bar. Try making a batch tonight and become the office hero tomorrow with your leftovers.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- club crackers
WHAT YOU DO
- In a saucepan, mix together graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, milk and vanilla to make caramel. Boil mixture until thickened.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or saucepan.
- Line a baking dish with tinfoil.
- Pour half of the chocolate in the bottom of the dish, spread out evenly and allow to cool.
- Once chocolate is cool, top with layer of club crackers.
- Add a layer of caramel.
- Top caramel with another layer of club crackers.
- Spread remaining chocolate on top.
- Allow to cool before cutting into squares.